Growth of the Independent Agent Model
Since its introduction in Canada in 2003, the number of advisors partnering with us using our independent agent model has grown from 1 to over 250.
A Perfect Fit For Your Career
- Attractive to experienced advisors with AUA > $50M
- Ideal for sole proprietors, business partnerships, business builders, or syndicate-type offices.
- Freedom To Run YOUR Business.
- You make the decisions for the branch.
- You provide all branch support (office furniture, computer hardware and software, support staff, etc.); and we provide you with our full suite of products and services. The difference between being an independent agent and an independent employee is invisible to your clients.
- You own the relationship with your clients, and we will guarantee this for you in writing.
- You serve your clients without conflict of interest from the pressures of proprietary products.
- Independent agents receive much higher compensation than under the traditional employee model. Compensation is paid to the agent with no withholdings. Escalating bonuses are paid to offices generating more than $1mm in commissions and fees. Attractive financial transition package available for all incoming agents.
- Agent is a business owner for employment and tax status. This structure would be the accepted structure for an advisor considering incorporation; note that the option of incorporation is still not yet approved by the regulatory authorities. Advisors can benefit from business deductions and income-splitting opportunities otherwise unavailable to them as employees (consult your accountant).