- As a municipality, you seek every opportunity to avoid a deficit.
- As a business owner, you are cognizant of the need to ensure your capital is always growing to add to your bottom line.
- As a not for profit organization, you work tirelessly to raise money.
- As a condominium corporation board member, your job is to protect and maximize the condominium corporation’s reserve fund.
Successful municipalities, businesses and organizations are rightly focused on earning and maximizing profits; however, we find that many do not maximize the yield they earn on those profits once they are in the bank. In today’s ultra-low rate environment, it is important to shop around for solutions to maximize yield on cash. We see many successful businesses and organizations leaving tens of thousands of dollars on the table by leaving their operating cash and retained earnings in bank accounts, earning little to no interest.
Your organization’s operating cash is required for day-to-day operations. For this reason, protection of principal, accessibility, and yield are our primary concerns in that order. Maximizing yield, while satisfying these requirements provides additional income which could be used for a new marketing campaign or a key capital expenditure.
Optimal cash management should be and, as a rule, is a priority with Contego Wealth Management.
Contego Cash Management Highlights:
- Able to “shop around” 35+ institutions who compete against each other to provide us the best rate possible
- Large, institutional buying power means the big banks will often provide us better rates than they post to the public
- Cash flow analysis to ensure yield is maximized, while ensuring cash is available for expected expenses
- Ability to manage cash in CAD and USD, and offer very competitive exchange rates on transactions over $50,000