Raymond James: Our dedicated partner
Raymond James: Conservative, pragmatic and proud of the way we do business
At Raymond James, we have a straightforward approach to doing business. We believe that putting clients’ needs first is the best way to ensure their success and, in turn, the long-term success of our advisors and the company. We call this our Service 1stSM philosophy. With our strong focus on clients and our commitment to supporting those who serve them, we’ve become known as the premier alternative to Wall Street and Bay Street in Canada, providing the products, services and support of even the largest firms, within an environment that values strong, personal relationships.
Sticking to our core principles of client first, conservatism, independence and integrity, Raymond James has steadily grown to become one of the largest independent financial services firms in the industry, but our core values ensure we’ll never be so big that we don’t have time for what matters most: you and your family.
The markets change, but our values will always be the same. Client first is at our core, supported by conservatism, independence and integrity.
Raymond James is one of North America's leading independent full-service investment dealers with an extensive presence across Canada and the United States. Raymond James Ltd. is the Canadian subsidiary of Raymond James Financial, Inc. Established in 1962, our parent firm made its initial public offering in 1983 and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange using the ticker symbol RJF.
Raymond James was founded on the principle of always putting the needs of clients first. Our predecessor companies in Canada were doing the same for more than 80 years, and our 3Macs division has a respected legacy of helping individuals and families with their wealth management needs going back to 1849. Today, this principle remains the foundation on which we continue to build our company.
- A leading North American independent full-service investment firm with over 8,700 Financial Advisors in more than 3,000 locations worldwide.
- US$1.09 trillion in client assets under administration.
- Raymond James and its affiliates in Canada, Europe, and Latin America employ research analysts who cover 1,193 companies. Research analysts provide research coverage of consumer, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, mining & natural resources, real estate, technology & communications, and transportation and industrial services industries.
- Raymond James Ltd. now sits at over 1,566 employees and agents, including 494 Financial Advisors in 266 branches across Canada, and corporate offices in Vancouver and Toronto.
- Our Equity Capital Markets team includes investment banking, institutional sales & trading and investment research professionals. Our institutional sales and trading professionals in Canada execute transactions for over 400 of North America's leading institutions.
- C$64.3 billion in client assets under administration.
- A member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund and regulated by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC)
*Statistics as of quarter-end September 30, 2022.
We work hard to be recognized as Canada’s premier investment firm. We are dedicated to providing client satisfaction, award-winning equity research, strong asset management performance, long-term corporate stability and a unique culture focused on the success of our advisors and their clients. Ours is a commitment you won’t find everywhere.
Raymond James has gained international attention and accolades for their excellence from organizations such as StarMine, Fortune Magazine and Brendan Wood International.
- Raymond James has acquired a Canadian trust company to help clients with estate planning and settlement. The new division’s name is Raymond James Trust Services (Canada). A Quebec based trust services division was launched in 2019
- Recipient of the 2020 Employee Recommended Workplace award.
- Raymond James earned a score of 100 on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equity Index, resulting in our organization being recognized as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality"
Our business is people and their financial well-being. Therefore, in the pursuit of our goals, we will conduct ourselves in accordance with the following precepts:
- Our clients always come first.
- We must provide the highest level of service with integrity.
- Assisting our clients in the attainment of their financial objectives is our most worthy enterprise.
- We must communicate with our clients clearly and frequently.
- Our investments and services must be of superior quality.
- Teamwork - cooperating with and providing assistance and support to our fellow associates - is fundamental to sustaining a quality work environment that nurtures opportunities for unparalleled service, personal growth and job satisfaction.
- Continuing education is necessary to maintain the timeliness of investment knowledge, tax law information and financial planning techniques.
- Innovation is requisite to our survival in a changing world.
- To emulate other members of our industry requires us to continue to work hard; to excel beyond our peers requires us to provide an even higher calibre of service to our clients.
- We must give something back to the communities in which we live and work.
Raymond James News
- November 28, 2022 - Raymond James Canada Enhances Canadian Diversified Industrials Investment Banking group
- November 1, 2022 - Raymond James Ltd. Welcomes John Booth as Managing Director, Mining
- October 31, 2022 - Raymond James Portfolio Manager Shiraz Ahmed named the winner of 2022 IIAC Top Under 40 Award
- September 26, 2022 - Raymond James Congratulates 2022 Woman of Distinction Award Winner Cindy Boury
- September 9, 2022 - Raymond James’s chief executive aims to add $30-billion in assets over five years.
- June 1, 2022 - Raymond James Ltd., the Canadian arm of North American investment dealer Raymond James Financial Inc. has appointed Scott Hudson, Executive Vice President, Head of Wealth Management, Private Client Group effective June 1, 2022.
- May 31, 2022 - Raymond James Announces New Area Manager for the Victoria Corporate Branch
- May 5, 2022 - Raymond James Ltd. has ranked highest in investor satisfaction with full-service brokerage firms according to the J.D. Power 2022 Canada Full-Service Investor Satisfaction Study SM
- March 23, 2022 - Raymond James Employees and the Raymond James Canada Foundation Raise $215,000 in Support of the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis
- March 1, 2022 - Raymond James’ banking arm celebrates a decade of growth and success in Canada, surpassing $3 billion in loan commitments
- January 12, 2022 - Raymond James Ltd., Chief Executive Officer, Jamie Coulter - Embarking on Another Decade of Service to Canadians
- December 6, 2021 - Raymond James Ltd. Chief Executive Officer Paul Allison Transitions From Head of Canadian Operations – Jamie Coulter Appointed Chief Executive Officer, Raymond James Ltd.
- December 6, 2021 - Congratulations to Brianne Gardner for her Women in Capital Markets (WCM) Rising Star 2021 award
- October 6, 2021 - d1g1t Announces Strategic Partnership with Raymond James Correspondent Services
- October 5, 2021 - Raymond James Congratulates our 2021 Woman of Distinction – Trixie Rowein of Edmonton!
- September 8, 2021 - Raymond James Ltd. Selects FactSet to Provide Market Data for Financial Advisors
- August 26, 2021 - Raymond James Ltd. Announces the Appointment of Karen Hoffmann and Eddie Leschiutta to the Boards of Raymond James Trust (Canada) and Raymond James Trust (Québec) Ltd.
- August 24, 2021 - Raymond James Ltd. Welcomes Jill Chua as Managing Director, Financial Institutions and Financial Technology
- May 5, 2021 - Raymond James Ltd. Welcomes Onorio Lucchese as Managing Director and Head of Real Estate Investment Banking
- April 6, 2021 - Raymond James Recruitment Momentum Continues – The 53rd Branch Welcomes Diana Dowhaluk
- March 31, 2021 - Raymond James sponsored The Wealthy Life television show will now been seen across Canada on Global TV
- March 10, 2021 - Raymond James Ltd., the Canadian arm of North American investment dealer Raymond James Financial Inc., today announced that Nadeem Kassam has been named Head of Investment Strategy, Private Client Group.
- March 1, 2021 - Raymond James Strengthens Commitment to Technology Yong Kwon joins the firm as a Managing Director of Technology Investment Banking
- February 16, 2021 - Raymond James named one of B.C's Top Employers for a Sixth Year
- February 10, 2021 - Raymond James Names Marwan Kubursi Managing Director and Head of HealthCare and Technology
- January 11, 2021 - Raymond James Strengthens Commitment to Canadian Energy Industry
- January 6, 2021 - Raymond James Canada Launches Sustainability Investment Banking Group